Coleman 2000008055 Prairie Breeze 9-Person Cabin Tent, Black and Grey Finish Review: Best Large Tent for the Great Outdoors
Summer and fall are prime camping seasons. It’s a fabulous time to enjoy the great outdoors–bonfires, hotdogs, marshmallows and cowboy coffee (if you’ve never tasted cowboy coffee, I’ll share a recipe at the end of the post). And since this is a health-related blog, I guess we should all go easy on the hot-dogs and marshmallows as well.
Furthermore, since this is a health-focussed website, what is the deal with tents? Excellent question. Being outside, in the fresh outdoors is truly invigorating. When you consider our hurry-scurry pace, taking time to enjoy the beauty of creation is a marvellous opportunity to gain perspective, connect with the land, and enjoy some peace in nature.
The Coleman Prairie Breeze 9-Person Cabin Tent is an genuine option for any camper. It’s luxurious size makes it a real show-stopper. The size means you can have a section or two to sleep, an area to store your gear, and an area to lounge around when you’re not outside. One reviewer stated that there were just two campers who used the tent cabin. In fact, they fit a table, a couple of chairs, plus a king sized foam bed in the cabin. They were especially impressed with the light and light switch at the doorway as they came and went in the dark.
- Spacious and comfortable
- Sleeps 9-people comfortably
- Main fly seams are factory sealed and seams are welded to protect from weather
- LED lighted fan system maintains a comfortable environment (batteries not included)
- Black and grey with green trim
- Shipping weight: 17 Kg; actual weight: 3.9 Kg
- Dimensions: 69.8 x 23.5 x 22.9 cm
- Produced by the Coleman Company
One reviewer indicated that the poles seemed too long, and when it was being set up, a few of the seams started to stretch. However, this was only one reviewers experience. Coleman is a solid brand with many years of successful camping gear behind it.
You can’t go wrong with a tent that more than meets your space requirements. This tent will surely meet that need, and it boasts a stylish colour palate.
While space is important, even more important is the ability for a tent to keep out the rain. One reviewer indicated they were doused for 36 hours straight without any water into the tent. That is remarkably impressive.
If you’re in the market for a tent knowing you have a few extra people along for the ride, the Coleman Prairie Breeze 9-Person Cabin Tent will suit your purposes, style and wallet. This is a tent that will be with you for numbers of years. You will be able to pack up and go whenever the mood hits you.
Tenting is a true-to-nature kind of experience–much closer to the wilderness than a Fifth-Wheel. However, having a great night sleep enhances your enjoyment of the camping experience.
The Coleman QueenCot with Airbed has 5 star reviews and boasts a comfortable sleep that’s just like home. Not only that, but reviewers state the QueenCot is a snap to set up. It can be erected in about 10 minutes.
Cowboy Coffee Recipe
- 2 Tbs of fine grind coffee for every 8 oz of water *Finer grind will allow more flavor in less time, and finer coffee will sink to the bottom easier than that is more prone to float.
- Pour measured amount of water into a coffee pot that is safe for fire
- Just add water and no coffee
- Put the pot on the fire and bring the water to a boil
- Remove from the fire, and let sit 30 or 40 seconds
- Add measured coffee amount into the coffee pot. Stir until coffee sinks
- Let sit for two minutes; this is essential for best taste
- After two minutes, stir the mixture again, cover and let sit two more minutes
- Take a palm-full of cool water and sprinkle it into the coffee pot to help grounds settle
- Pour each cup slowly, trying to leave the coffee grounds in the pot